1. Egypt (8 Billionaires)
Egypt is the most populous country in Africa and the Middle East with 84,550,000 as per 2013 estimation, covered an area of 1 million square kilometers. The Country lies within North Africa and bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north. The Country one of the Richest in The African Region by GDP has 8 billionaires. Egypt holds the No.1 country for Most Billionaires.
- Nassef Sawiris, networth: 5.6 billion dollars.
- Naguib Sawiris, networth: 3.5 billion dollars.
- Onsi Sawiris, networth: 2.9 billion dollars.
- Mohamed Mansour, networth: 2 billion dollars.
- Youssef Mansour, networth: 1.8 billion dollars.
- Yaseen Mansour, networth: 1.8 billion dollars.
- Samih Sawiris, networth: 1.4 billion dollars.
- Mohamed Al Fayed, networth: 1.2 billion dollars.
2. South Africa (4 Billionaires)
South Africa is the 25th largest country lies at the southern tip of Africa, covering an area of 1,221,037 square km with a population of 52,981,991 as of 2013. South Africa has 4 billionaires by the net worth on 10 March 2011 published by Forbes magazine.
The 4 Billionaires listed below with net worth and Sources of Wealth.
|Ranking||Name||Sources of wealth||Net worth (USD)|
|1||Nicky Oppenheimer||De Beers||6.8|
|2||Johann Rupert||Richmont, Reinet||5.1|
|3||Christo Wiese||Shoprite, Pepkor||2.7|
|4||Patrice Motsepe||African Rainbow Minerals||2.7|
3. Nigeria (2 Billionaires)
Nigeria located in West Africa and bordered by the Republic of Benin, Chad, and Cameroon is home to 170 million peoples on the 2012 estimate and owns 923,768 square kilometers. The country stands in third place on Billionaires in African Region.
- Aliko Dangote
Source of wealth: Sugar, Flour, Cement
Net worth: 16.1 Billion USD
- Mike Adenuga
Source of wealth: Telcom, banking, oil
Net worth: 4.7 Billion USD