Europe, A continent is made up of countries, each with its own language and culture. Europe is comprised of various countries. Despite the fact that English is the most frequently spoken language in Europe, almost every country has its own regional languages. In addition to English, German, French, and Italian have higher status than other languages. People with fluent English knowledge may be found in the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Malta, and Denmark.
There are 24 official languages in the European Union (EU):
Official languages outside European Union:
|6||Bosnian||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
- Belgium has three official languages, Dutch, French and German.
- German, French, Italian, and Romansh are the four official languages of Switzerland.
- The official languages of Malta are English and Maltese.
- Importantly, there are over 200 indigenous languages that are still spoken today, some of which are endangered.
- English is becoming one of the most widely spoken languages in Europe.
- Over 200 million people in Europe speak English as their second language.
- Approximately 94% of Europeans are native speakers of an Indo-European language.