India is one of the most powerful countries in the world, and it defends itself with nuclear and other modern rocket technology. India’s primary sources of electricity are hydro and coal, with nuclear power plants scattered around the country. Presently, there are 6 Automic (Nuclear) Power Stations. The power plants that use nuclear energy to create electricity are mentioned below.
- Kakrapar Atomic Power Station, Kakrapara (Gujarat)
- Kaiga Atomic Power Plant, Kaiga (Karnataka)
- Madras Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu)
- Narora Atomic Power Station, Norora (Uttar Pradesh)
- Rana Pratap Sagar Atomic Power Station (RAPS), Rawatbhatta (Rajasthan)
- Tarapur Atomic Power Plant (TAPS), Tarapur (Maharashtra)