India is one of the powerful countries in the world that uses nuclear and other advanced rocket technologies to protect the country. But this list is of power plants that use atomic power to generate electricity. India generates electricity primarily from hydro and coal, The Atomic power stations are located in a different state of the country. India experiences a lack of electrical power in a rural area. Presently there are 6 automatic power Stations in India.
- Kakrapar Atomic Power Station, Kakrapara (Gujarat)
- Kaiga Atomic Power Plant, Kaiga (Karnataka)
- Madras Atomic Power Station, Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu)
- Narora Atomic Power Station, Norora (Uttar Pradesh)
- Rana Pratap Sagar Atomic Power Station (RAPS), Rawatbhatta (Rajasthan)
- Tarapur Atomic Power Plant (TAPS), Tarapur (Maharashtra)