If you are a small business owner and you are considering investing in digital marketing to boost sales, there are many terms and acronyms that you might find confusing. Like any tech sector, digital marketing uses acronyms that are specific to the industry and to help you gain a deeper understanding, we explain some of the commonly used acronyms.
- SEO – One of the most sought-after services is search engine optimisation, which involves improving the search results ranking of a target website. This term is also used to describe digital marketing in general; you can approach a leading SEO marketing agency if you would like to learn more about SEO and why it is so important.
- PPC – Pay-per-click advertising is a very popular digital marketing strategy whereby the advertiser pays the publisher an agreed amount every time a user clicks on their banner. To get the best results from a PPC campaign, talk to an award-winning SEO agency and let the experts create and manage your ad campaigns.
- KPI – When planning a digital marketing campaign, you need to identify key performance indicators that enable you to measure performance. Here are a few tips to help boost your video rankings on Tik-Tok.
- CTR – To calculate the click-through rate, simply divide the number of clicks the ad received by the number of times the ad has been shown.
- CTA – A call to action is a request for a user to take the next step; typical CTAs include ‘buy now’, ‘learn more’ and ‘watch video’. If placed correctly on a website, CTAs are a very effective way to encourage users to take the next step.
- SEM – Search engine marketing is precisely what it implies; placing your ad on the Google search results page, which is a very effective way to reach your target audience. Your ad is displayed according to several criteria; namely keywords and search criteria.
- CPA – The cost-per-acquisition model applies to specific actions deemed by the advertiser, which might be the purchase of tickets to an event, or making a donation to a charitable organisation.
- DR – This means domain ranking; every website has a DR number, which every website has and the higher the number, the better. Advertisers look for publishing websites with a high DR.
- SMM – One of the most effective forms of digital marketing is social media marketing; major players include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For the best results, we advise you to make contact with a leading SEO agency, where a team of social media marketers can create and manage an effective marketing campaign that delivers the desired results.
We hope that the above information helps you gain a deeper understanding of digital marketing and help you to find the right agency to create and manage your digital marketing campaign. Of course, you can create your online marketing campaign, although you are unlikely to achieve the same results as if you used an established digital marketing agency.