Mahabaleshwar is a hill station located in the Satara district of Maharashtra. It is one of the leading tourist destinations in India that invite a lot of tourists every year. The hill station is also known as the “Queen of Hill stations” that allow tourists to explore many attractions with others. In fact, the place is well known for its beautiful plains and evergreen forests which allow tourists to enjoy their trip in a peaceful environment.
Tourists should consider choosing the resorts before planning a tour to the hill station which can help to get more excitement. The best Mahabaleshwar resorts offer excellent amenities for tourists allowing them to plan their trip with family members and others. They involve different types and travellers should select the right one which fit their bills and need. Most resorts aim at fulfilling the expectations of visitors with excellent amenities.
Interesting places to visit in Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar is a famous hill station located at an elevation of 1372 meters allowing tourists to make a fine trip with others. Anyone who makes a visit to the hill station for the first time should know more about the places of interests in detail before scheduling a trip to the town.
Arthur’s seat is one of the must-see places in Mahabaleshwar which lies just 13 km away from the town. The place has totally 6 points that enable tourists to view the beauty of nature with groups and others accordingly. Arthur’s seat point is one point that allows tourists to access the Konkan picturesque vista on one side and Deccan on the other side that provides more excitement. Some other points to visit in the spot include Echo point, Tiger Spring point, window point, and so on.
Mahabaleshwar Temple located just 6 km to the north of the main city attracts several devotees. Built-in the 16th century by Chanda Rao More dynasty, it has stone walls divided into two parts. The temple dedicated to Lord Shiva enables travellers to experience peace of mind. In addition, it has South Indian architectural styles that allow tourists to know about the history in detail.
Babington point in Mahabaleshwar is an important sightseeing spot that allows tourists to admire nature. Located at a height of 1294 meters, the hot spot is becoming a famous destination for viewing green vista and enticing landscapes enabling travellers to witness more excitement. The point is a suitable one for those who want to carry out trekking and other adventurous activities.
Chinaman’s falls is a popular tourist destination in Mahabaleshwar that enables tourists to plan a tour accordingly. It is an ideal place for picnic purposes enabling travellers to ensure more pleasure. Those who want to relax their mind with family and groups can visit the falls enabling them to get complete satisfaction.
Elephant’s Head Point
Elephant’s Head Point is a perfect place for travellers to access the specular views of nature with groups and others. The rocks on the point resemble the head of an elephant and that’s why it got the name. Visitors can even view the mesmerizing sun setting in the morning and they can reach the point by public transport.
Travel tips to Mahabaleshwar
- Mahabaleshwar is well-connected by road allowing tourists to reach the destination as soon as possible. The nearest airport is Pune which lies exactly 125 km away from the hill station. Both public and private bus services are available for tourists from Pune.
- The best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is from November to May enabling tourists to make a fine trip. On the other hand, it is advisable to pack clothes which exactly suit a season for overcoming discomforts and other problems.
- Although Marathi is the official language of Maharashtra, many people speak Hindi and English for communication purposes.
- Tourists should carry important documents while travelling to the hill station enabling tourists to make a memorable trip.
- Travellers should carry a mini medical kit that contains certain medications which can help to manage emergency situations.
- Since it is a hill station, travellers should carry bottled water and food when carrying out trekking activity.
- It is advisable to compare the packages offered by travel operators which ultimately give ways to select the right one accordingly.
- Visitors should follow the local customs and tradition when they want to make a trip to the hill station.
- Tourists can contact the local tourist office for knowing more about the details of important places.
- There are many restaurants which offer a variety of foods for tourists enabling them to get a fine dining experience.
- Tourists should follow the health precautions properly while visiting the station that can help to avoid unwanted problems.
- The local shops in Mahabaleshwar offer handmade products and other materials for tourists.
- Travellers should take care of their belongings including cash while planning a trip to the hill station.
- Bank services are available in the main hill station and travellers can withdraw money from ATMs.
Where to stay in Mahabaleshwar?
There are several hotels which offer resort services for tourists enabling them to make a memorable trip. However, it is necessary to know more details about them from leading hotel websites that can help to organize a tour without any difficulties. Mahabaleshwar resorts enable tourists to experience modern amenities in a sophisticated environment. In addition, they provide methods to plan a tour with family and others to get more pleasure.
A reputed hotel website will guide tourists to book rooms at discounted prices thereby showing ways to save more money. Furthermore, it makes feasible ways to compare the prices with ease for hiring hotels at estimated budgets. Tourists should know the terms and conditions of a website while booking hotels online. This will help a lot to avoid unwanted disputes after booking a hotel. The resorts in Mahabaleshwar involve different types and tourists can choose the right one after making a complete research.