Hundreds of the world’s highest buildings are located in Europe, although just a few large European towns had skyscrapers decades ago. Hundreds of high-rise structures and skyscrapers are being built in Europe’s main cities. Moscow, Russia’s capital, boasts the most towering buildings, with 10 of the world’s 20 tallest structures located there.
The Lakhta Center is Russia’s and Europe’s tallest building. It is also the world’s 13th highest skyscraper. The project began in 2012 and was finished in January 2018. Approximately 3,000 workers were hired during the construction of the Lakhta building, which used 400,000 cubic meters of concrete. A public observation platform at 357 meters allows people to take in the view. The structure is used for offices, retail spaces, and exhibitions, as well as restaurants, hotels, and conference facilities.
|1||Lakhta Center||St. Petersburg, Russia||1,517||2018|
|2||Federation Tower: East Tower||Moscow, Russia||1,226||2016|
|3||OKO: South Tower||Moscow, Russia||1,162||2015|
|4||Mercury City Tower||Moscow, Russia||1,112||2013|
|5||The Shard||London, UK||1,017||2012|
|8||CoC: Moscow Tower||Moscow, Russia||990||2010|
|9||Skyland İstanbul ( 1, 2)||Istanbul, Turkey||932||2017|
|10||Metropol İstanbul||Istanbul, Turkey||919||2017|
|11||Naberezhnaya Tower C||Moscow, Russia||881||2007|
|12||Triumph Palace||Moscow, Russia||867||2005|
|13||Commerzbank Tower||Frankfurt, Germany||848||1997|
|14||CoC: Saint Petersburg Tower||Moscow, Russia||843||2010|
|16||Nurol Life||Istanbul, Turkey||827||2017|
|17||Torre de Cristal||Madrid, Spain||817||2008|
|18||Torre Cepsa||Madrid, Spain||815||2008|
|19||Evolution Tower||Moscow, Russia||807||2014|
|20||OKO: North Tower||Moscow, Russia||804||2014|
|21||Federation: West Tower||Moscow, Russia||798||2007|
European Cities with skyscrapers above 100 meters:
|Rank||Cities||No of Buildings|
The height of the buildings does not include radio masts and towers.
About Lakhta Center
- Height: 462 meters (1,516 ft)
- Technical details: 87 floors and 40 lifts (elevators)
- Location: Lakhta, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Cost: US$ 1.77 billion (In 2019 US$)
- Both Moscow and Istanbul have over 100 structures that are above 100 metres tall.
- Lakhta Centre, Europe’s highest building, opened in 2018 at a height of 1,517 feet.
- Many of Europe’s tallest buildings are in Russia, most of them are found in Moscow.
- Over 70 structures above 150 metres in london, and over 70 will be completed in London City in the near future.