DLL errors are the most common Windows error. A DLL file is an essential piece of a certain program installed on your computer. In the absence of it, the given application may face some disturbances upon running. It contains the codes and data used by numerous programs simultaneously, thus it stimulates modularization and code reuse.
Table of Contents
In instances that “api-ms-win-core-biptcltapi-l1-1-1.dll” are detected missing, some problems may occur like not being able to run a program. It is essential to get DLL files missing in your system. In this article, you will be able to find steps on how to download and fix “Api-ms-win-core-biptcltapi-l1-1-1.dll” DLL Errors.
What is ApiSet Stub DLL Errors?
A DLL error occurs in cases when you unintentionally deleted a DLL file without your knowledge. This can cause multiple interruptions in running the installed programs on your computer. Other reasons for DLL errors are malicious software and virus infection.
If your system gets tainted by malware, more dangerously if it is spyware, it could end in your DLL to face errors. An error can also occur if you uninstall an application containing a DLL that is linked to it. There are certain conditions that you will be even prompted into re-installing Windows.
The Steps to Fix ApiSet Stub DLL Errors:
Restore your computer back to its latest restore point before encountering the error
- Click the “Start” button
- Type “System Restore” in the search bar and press “ENTER”
- Find and click System Restore
- Type the administrator password (if prompted)
- Follow the steps in the System Restore Wizard and choose a suitable restore point.
- Restore your computer to that image backup
If Step 1 didn’t resolve the issue, please continue to the next step.
Run System File Checker to restore the missing api-ms-win-core-biptcltapi-l1-1-1.dll file.
- Click the start button
- Type “cmd” in the search box but DO NOT PRESS“ENTER”
- Press and hold “CTRL-Shift” on your keyboard while pressing “ENTER”
- You will be lead with a permission dialogue box
- Click “YES”
- You will be directed to a black screen with a flickering cursor
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the black screen and press “ENTER”
- SFC will start scanning for “api-ms-win-core-biptcltapi-l1-1-1.dll” issues and other system file errors.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the procedure
Please note that the scan may take a few minutes, so be patient with the process.
Perform a Windows Update
If the initial two steps didn’t resolve the issue, you may want to try to run a Windows Update. “Api-ms-win-core-biptcltapi-l1-1-1.dll” error messages can sometimes be a result of an outdated Windows Operating System. To do so, please follow these simple steps:
- Click the start button
- Type “update” in the search bar and press “ENTER”
- In the Windows Update dialog box, click “Check for Updates” (or any similar button depending on the Windows version of your PC)
- If there are updates available, click “Install Updates”
- After the completion of the update, restart your PC.
Missing a DLL file can interrupt the overall performance of software and even your computer. Deleting a DLL file, whether intentionally or not, could cause some programs to stop functioning properly. If an error still occurs when you open a certain program, then reinstalling it would probably be your last resort.
Also, make sure that the downloaded DLL file is correctly saved to your Windows system directory. Inappropriate downloads could cause fluctuations in the stability of your program. It can also cause some damage to the overall system of your computer. Always read the instructions before doing something on your PC to avoid further problems.